Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Portas do Mar at sunrise

Real Name
    Marco Andrade

Portas do Mar at sunrise

Hello everyone, this is my first post over here, in this great website that thought me so much and I decided to put one of my pictures. This one is located in the Azorean islands, more precisely in S. Miguel island.
    This is one of the sides of the bay were the Liners dock, or the pub zone as some call it.

This was taken at 7 A.M

Portas do Mar at sunrise

And due please comment, good or bad, I'm always looking for comments in how to improve my photos.

Thanks in advance

Another photo taken at the same spot but with some zoom and a bit later.
    Portas do Mar at sunrise
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MFCA; 1st July 2012 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Added a second photo.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: Portas do Mar at sunrise

Welcome to CiC MFCA! I would love to see this image large enough to be able to make out the detail. You might want to consider posting it at it's normal size instead of as a thumbnail image. Take a look at: HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?

It would also be great if we could use a 'friendly' name and had an idea of your general location. These items can be updated in your profile's "Settings" at the top of this page.
    Last edited by FrankMi; 1st July 2012 at 07:22 PM.

It basically works well for me, Marco.

But the main focus point is the far distance so I find that dark out of focus area in the foreground a little distracting. I wonder about cropping that out. There is sufficient space to remove the same amount from the right side if you wish to retain the same size ratio.

Real Name
    Marco Andrade

Thanks Frank, sorry about that still new to the house, and thank you for the welcome, by the way my name is Marco. Cheers

Real Name
    Marco Andrade

I have another one in the same spot but with some zoom, I will upload in a seconds

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by MFCA View Post
    Thanks Frank, sorry about that still new to the house, and thank you for the welcome, by the way my name is Marco. Cheers
    Hi Marco. As Portas do Mar is in the Azores, can I assume that you are there? That is a neat place to live. My mom was born in the Azores and came to the U.S. as a child.

I like your picture! As Geoff says, it looks like the foreground is a bit soft so maybe a crop would help? Also, most of the 'interesting' part of this image is in a band along the middle of the image so if you do decide to crop, you might want to make the image a little wider by removing both some of the foreground and some of the sky. Give it a try and see what you think. Hope this helps!

Real Name
    Marco Andrade

Yes I do live there (wonderfull place) and as Geoff said maybe a crop will help. Thank you both