Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Textures

Real Name
    Bobo

Textures

Long story short - camera in car and missed the fox that walked right past me.

Rushed to the car, grabbed the camera and went looking for him but found this instead.

Needless to say Mr Fox will have to wait...

Screech owl ?

Textures

2. Textures
    Textures

3. 'nuff already! This is getting boring. Yawn!!!
    Textures

Real Name
    Greg

Re: Textures

Nice work Bobo.
    Love the last one, a bit different from the normal eyes wide owl photo you usually see.
    Well done

Real Name
    Neil

Love the set especially the first one. =)

Real Name
    Mary

Yep it's a screech owl--cute!

like the top one for the light at the back of the head but not into animals so the rest is a bit flat light wise

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks Greg, Neil, Mary, Robert.

Robert - very hard to be picky with wildlife. Getting a backlit owl is pretty rare since they tend to stay more in the shadows during daytime, actually hardly visible most of the time.

If one does see a fantastically lit owl, 90% of the time it was taken in some wildlife refuge, or zoo.

While #1 may not be the greatest I am more than happy with it and very lucky to have found a good angle.
    Last edited by Bobobird; 21st June 2012 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    Thanks Greg, Neil, Mary, Robert.

Robert - very hard to be picky with wildlife. Getting a backlit owl is pretty rare since they tend to stay more in the shadows during daytime, actually hardly visible most of the time.

If one does see a fantastically lit owl, 90% of the time it was taken in some wildlife refuge, or zoo.

While #1 may not be the greatest I am more than happy with it and very lucky to have found a good angle.
    Hi

I was slightly ignorant to the difficulties and challenges in capturing wildlife in the first place and would like to say again that the top one is an extra super image in my view - full of character and detail. Regards Robert

Real Name
    Cheryl Davidson

Great find. Love the owls. Not much chance I'd be lucky enough to stumble on one. Great shots.

Cheryl

Real Name
    Darren

Hi Bobo

Can i be the first to say that I really like the second photo. I am by no position to judge the technical aspects of the shot but I thought I would explain why I like it so.

I looked at picture one, okay a nice picture of an owl. But when I looked at number two for a short moment I could not figure out what I was looking at, then I relaised it was the owl again. I LOVE the way the owl is almost camoflaged against the tree (maybe that I am in a bright room and the light shining on the laptop has added to the effect?). I then looked at the third image and then read the comments.

I then went back to the second photo and noticed something that I did not before. The owl is looking down presumably at the ground, and he (i have made a presumption that he is a he) has that wonderful look that all predators have when they have spotted something. I can imagine that shortly after he swooped down and caught a mouse or other rodent.

Just my view, but I enjoyed picture number two.

Thanks

Darren

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks again Robert.

Thanks Cheryl. Not easy but not that difficult either. I have posted some tips in the Owlets thread.

Thanks Darren - you have repeated exactly what went through my mind when deciding how to present this shot. Except that bit aobut spotting something -- that was me he spotted. But I do like how it looks like with people wearing bifocals and always peering over the edge of the specs.