Thread: SB700 radio popper cover broken, replaceable?

Real Name
    Neil

SB700 radio popper cover broken, replaceable?

Hi all,

I stupidly drop my SB700 flashgun and the red plastic cover on the front is broken, luckily the radio popper (is that what you call it?) inside is fine. Is this replaceable? How?

Thanks,
    Neil

EDIT: This where the ready and AF-illumination indicator is located.
    Last edited by NeiiilM; 20th June 2012 at 09:02 PM.

Real Name
    Andrew

Re: SB700 radio popper cover broken, replaceable?

I don't believe you are going to have much luck finding retail parts for the 700 unless you come across someone with another broken one. If everything seems to work OK and the red plastic is not too bad then I'd epoxy it back into place. Barring that, your next solution is to find out where the closest Nikon repair centre is and run it through them. If you can't locate one, your local camera store may be able to assist.

Real Name
    Kathy

Re: SB700 radio popper cover broken, replaceable?

You could call up the Nikon Parts Department to try and order one, but the problem is that you need to know the part number. And that's not necessarily easy.

What's weirding me out, is that I looked on the uscamera.com website, where (here in the USA) you can generally find flash parts to your heart's content, but for the SB-700, they only list the shoe assembly, which is odd. See their SB-900 parts list for comparison.