Thread: Soccer pic...

Real Name
    Lynn Fox

Soccer pic...

Can the glint on his eyeglass frames be processed out or is this something I will have to live with? Any other feedback would be appreciated as well.

Soccer pic...

Thanks

Real Name
    Shawn

Re: Soccer pic...

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfox1975 View Post
    Can the glint on his eyeglass frames be processed out or is this something I will have to live with? Any other feedback would be appreciated as well.

Soccer pic...

Thanks
    Hey there Lynn, nice shot.

I was wondering if you had done any cropping on this shot? This crop is nice, i'm just trying to envision some different cropping options. Also I removed some of the glint for you and darkened the grass a little. Just my opinion, but it seemed a little bright to me.

Soccer pic...

Real Name
    Lynn Fox

Thank you! I did do some cropping. Here is the original before cropping and any of the processing I did.
    And thanks for your help. I like how you improved the pic
    Soccer pic...

Real Name
    Terry

Hi Lynn!

Good shot and I love the pose in the grass.

As Shawn mentioned, the glint, in this case, can be fairly easily removed.

One way would be to use a very small clone brush, zoom in tight, and start taking away the glare.

In the following example, I did that and also removed some of the catch light in his eyes to make it more defined. I wondered if some of that reflection in Soccer Player’s eyes might be a reflection off the glasses.

Oh, I also cropped in a little so you could better see how it ended up. You may not prefer this tight a crop on this shot. I also added a little vignette just to see how that would look.

Hope you don’t mind me taking the liberty of mucking around with your shot, Lynn. If you do you’ll have my most sincerest apologies and I’ll be happy to take it down.

Soccer pic...

Real Name
    Lynn Fox

Brilliant Terry! Thanks for the tip on removing the glare. I like what you did. I always welcome others ideas and advice and that is what I love about this forum - the friendly helpful attitude from everyone is fantastic. I learn something new every time I visit.

Real Name
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfox1975 View Post
    Brilliant Terry! Thanks for the tip on removing the glare. I like what you did. I always welcome others ideas and advice and that is what I love about this forum - the friendly helpful attitude from everyone is fantastic. I learn something new every time I visit.
    Well, that has to be the first time I've ever heard the words "brilliant" and "Terry" in the same sentence! Brilliant is one thing I have never been accused of!

But you are most welcome, Lynn, and you are certainly right about the Forum.

Looking forward to seeing some more of Soccer Player.