Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Cactus

Real Name
    Philip

Cactus

-
    A rare event seen at home and shot this afternoon - one of my cacti coming into flower. The whole plant is 12cm tall and 7cm diameter. These images are 5:4 crops from the four original photos:-

Cactus
    -
    -
    Cactus
    -
    -
    Cactus
    -
    -
    Cactus
    -
    Hope you like them. C & C welcome, whether + or - , but especially if helpful. (Right click on a PC for the basic EXIF image properties.)

Thank you for viewing.

Philip

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Cactus

Hi Philip,

A good documentary series, I have a couple of suggestions;
    #1 it is a shame there's a hair leaving the top of frame - but you could always clone a couple of background pixels over the top (at the edge) to shorten it
    In #2, #3 and #4, I might have tried a pickpick to clear a 'hair free' path to the flower itself (being very careful)

Cheers,

Real Name
    Philip

Thank you, Dave. I hadn't noticed the hair at the top but, now that you have pointed it out, it is annoying! I wasn't sure what to do about the hairs over the flower, either to remove them, or to leave them as they are a natural part of the plant. But you are probably right - fiddly job though.

Philip

Real Name
    Will

I agree with Dave that the hairs above the flower should have been moved in the closeups, as the hairs detract from the picture.

The color and lighting in the photos seem to be good, though the pot has some color bleed into the background on the bright side.

-Sonic

Real Name
    Philip

Sonic,

Thank you for your comments, and I agree - I should have removed those hairs over the open flower before shooting. Too late now though, as today the flowers are already dying. I will have to try to clone them out in these images on the computer.

Philip