Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Arthur the pug

Real Name
    Paul Matthews

Arthur the pug

i was playing with my new camera yesterday and taking some general pics of the dog whilst trying to learn about shutter speeds, iso etc. though i caught this picture nicely. i think he looks shocked.

Arthur the pug

please let me know what you think and if you think it could be changed for the better etc or how i could take the picture better.

cheers

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Arthur the pug

Yep, he's seriously ugly in a cute way ! Comments - nice shot of the dog, focus is a little soft though and I'd crop some of that blank area on the right and maybe a little of his body on the left to frame his head a little better, that's the really interesting part of the shot so apart from filler the rest is superflous. Exposure is not bad though so playing with shutter speed, ISO etc is getting results. Personally I might have dragged/coerced him a little away from the background as the shadow of his head is a little disconcerting. I might try shooting him from front on if possible getting down to his eye level if he was mine to capture the character in that face. A little tip if you don't know it is to always (?) focus on the eyes or the nearest eye if he's side on. It's not a bad shot of the little guy though.

Real Name
    Paul Matthews

Re: Arthur the pug

Thanks for those tips. I'll take them into account next time I do a few shots. I'll also do as you said with the cropping next time too.