Thread: Bay Bridge

Bay Bridge

I shot this picture at very late night during the workshop. I try to learn more how to control light. There is no PS on this picture. As always, I appreciate all you feedback. Thank you

Bay Bridge

Nikon D7000 20s F8 22mm ISO200 0EV

Real Name
    Allen or "Lurchy" is fine

Re: Bay Bridge

i like it

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Very nice phugiay,

I do think a little "PS" would help though, mainly slight sharpening

It is very good though,

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

You state, "There is no PS on this picture." I assume you mean you chose not to apply any post-processing.

I do not know how you rate your knowledge and experience in post-processing your work. It may be that some of what Dave and I are writing may still be something you have to learn.

My question is why you made the decision not to apply any post-processing? Is this because you did not want to or because you are still learning how to do that? Was the image shot in RAW format?

The reason for the softness that Dave has identified is because the image needs some slight selective sharpening.

Post-processing your work to bring out the best in the photograph that you captured is one of the great skills in photography. It is a great shame that so many people seem to think of it as 'cheating'. They are denying themselves the opportunity to make much higher quality images.

Real Name
    Bobo

Nice shot and am pretty sure a great shot with some pp.

Old time film photographers say the same about PS and stare at me wide-eyed when I tell them that whatever they did in darkrooms was exactly the same. Pushing here, pulling there. Was that not cheating?

Hi Donald,
    I thought this picture is good so I don't need to do PS. That's what I mean when I post "there is no PS”. However, Dave and you pointed out that "little PS" will be better. I have nothing to against PS. Sorry for the confusing and thank you.