Horse(s) in Stride at Belmont Raceway

I finally had my camera dialed in when it started to rain, so I had to find cover quickly and missed out on the last 7 races for the day.

ISO was set to 400, f/8, shutter 1/800 sec (1000 when it was sunny) and set to shoot jpegs. The camera was buffering too much when I had it set to raw.

Re: Horse(s) in Stride at Belmont Raceway

It is a pity that you have 'lost by a nose' on #1, Paul. It would have been a really good shot if you had managed two complete horses. Still a worthwhile shot though.

And with #6 you have actually managed to get all four feet off the ground. An issue which was long debated before early photographers proved that this actually happens. That is an excellent photo.

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Horse(s) in Stride at Belmont Raceway

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    It is a pity that you have 'lost by a nose' on #1, Paul. It would have been a really good shot if you had managed two complete horses. Still a worthwhile shot though.

And with #6 you have actually managed to get all four feet off the ground. An issue which was long debated before early photographers proved that this actually happens. That is an excellent photo.
    Thanks. I was still shooting in Raw mode for the race with the first picture, so the camera was struggling to process the picture quickly to take the next shot in burst mode. Since they were moving fast, I lost the opportunity quickly. Only after that race did I switch to shooting jpegs. Needless to say after that, there wasnt a problem and was able to catch the horse in stride and was lucky enough to capture the horse 'hovering'.