Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: On the Beach

Real Name
    Allan Short

On the Beach

Working on some of the images that I took in Iceland last month. Came across this one, thinking of submitting it into a photo competition, the deadline to submit images is in the next two weeks. So I am look for C&C on the compostion, and the image in general.

Cheers:

Allan

On the Beach

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: On the Beach

Enter it. It's super.

One thing I'd suggest is clone out that little straight darker mark (is it a splash of water) that I've circled. It does catch the eye. I also wondered about a soft vignette - nothing too obvious or aggressive.

On the Beach

Real Name
    Robert Farkas
    What a fantastic shot - real nice. Only other adjustment I would make is to put some lighter 'specs' in the solid black chunk sticking up and the other sticking out on the left (camera left) side of the ice; being solid black makes those two pieces stand out a bit much as-is (of course could also be the res. / quality of the posted image or my display).

Good luck in the competition!

Real Name
    Allan Short

Re: On the Beach

Donald: thanks for spoting that little vertical splash of water, didn't see it, afterwards found a dust bunnie, Robert took your advice and put a little bit of as you say "specs" into that little chunk to add a little comtrast to the black. Thanks you both for your input.

Cheers:

Allan