Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Flower-drop

Real Name
    Arlen

Flower-drop

Rainy western Oregon has provided a plethora of wet flower opportunities lately. I tried something a little different with this one. Comments and critiques are welcome.

Flower-drop
    (click image for improved view)
    Last edited by Arlen; 24th May 2012 at 12:35 AM.

Real Name
    Arlen

Re: Flower-drop

I made just one small change from the first version above. Better, worse, or indifferent? That's the question I'm pondering.

Flower-drop

Real Name
    Chuck

Arlin, nice photo. I like the first version. That little white light at the bottom fits quite well with the white on the top. Good focus and I like the overall composition. Cheers, chuck

Real Name
    Arlen

Thanks for the feedback, Chuck. That's the way I feel about that highlight, too. Most of the time, anyway.

Here's one last version of that scene. This one is obviously a different capture, but I also gave it a different treatment. In the first one above, the focus point was on the reflection in the drop, and I emphasized that in post-processing, by keeping everything else in low contrast, and applying a softening affect via negative Clarity. In the image below, I focused on the the leaves that the drop is on, and preserved more contrast in post. It "pops" more than the first one, but has a different mood, I think.

Flower-drop

Real Name
    Bobo

It too like the highlight version. The last one is good too.
    Great work there.

I like the first and last ones they are the best to me. I really like how the drop reflects everything.