Thread: Bridgit

Real Name
    Mark

Bridgit

I recently had the privilege of photographing a young mum to be. Here are 2 shots.

Bridgit

Bridgit

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Bridgit

Great stuff Mark

Pendant hanging in the middle ... not often one sees that in my studio, damn it!

Only thng I found slightly distracting is the left shoulder in the 2nd shot - wondering how it might look cloned out? (for a cleaner look around the line of the face).

... all she needs now is to remove that "stupid" piece of metal stuck through her skin near the eyebrow ...

Real Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Great stuff Mark

Pendant hanging in the middle ... not often one sees that in my studio, damn it!

Only thng I found slightly distracting is the left shoulder in the 2nd shot - wondering how it might look cloned out? (for a cleaner look around the line of the face).

... all she needs now is to remove that "stupid" piece of metal stuck through her skin near the eyebrow ...
    Agreed - why they need to disfigure themselves is beyond me!! Although some of it makes for interesting artisitic effects. I though about cloning the shoulder out. I think you are right - will be better without it there. Back to the drawing board. She actually had piercings into her breasts - see top photo - Ow!! It all looked pretty cool for the shoot but I wouldn't like my daughter all full of shrapnel and tattoos.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Markvetnz View Post
    Agreed - why they need to disfigure themselves is beyond me!! Although some of it makes for interesting artisitic effects. I though about cloning the shoulder out. I think you are right - will be better without it there. Back to the drawing board. She actually had piercings into her breasts - see top photo - Ow!! It all looked pretty cool for the shoot but I wouldn't like my daughter all full of shrapnel and tattoos.
    You've become quite a versatile photographer in a short time!

If you're going to retouch the shoulder then it also might pay to see how it looks with a vignette around just the bottom of the 2nd shot -- that bright skin is leading my eye out of the frame a little (I just duplicate the layer - apply the vignette to all of the top layer - and then erase a portion of the top layer with a soft brush).

Real Name
    Terry

Obviously a fishing hook related incident!

Over here we nickname these people "Tackle Box"!

Great photos of Mum, Mark.

She and you should be very happy with them I would expect!

Real Name
    Mark

shoulder cloned out - light vignette added

Bridgit

Real Name
    Looks great to me Mark - how do you feel about it?

Hope Bridgit enjoys motherhood ... I went to return my two under the "fit for purpose" provision of the consumer guarantees act, but was told it didn't apply - darn it

Real Name
    Mark

Baby was born 2 weeks ago. I spoke to her friend last night. I hope to set up a mother and son shoot soon. I'd like to get a heavily tattooed maori male to give a bit of edge to the photos.

Real Name
    glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Canon View Post
    Obviously a fishing hook related incident!

Over here we nickname these people "Tackle Box"!

She and you should be very happy with them I would expect!