Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Perth war memorial,Kings park

Real Name
    Steve Ward

Perth war memorial,Kings park

Hi everyone,this is my first post of a shot at dawn using a cokin nd8 grad, any c&c would greatly appreciated,thanks.Perth war memorial,Kings park

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Perth war memorial,Kings park

Congrats on your first post here on CiC and if you mean this was your first of a shot at dawn , then congratulations. It is wonderfully exposed. the light is super.

But ......?

DUST BUNNIES --------- AAAGH!

I can see three. One just at 2 o'clock from the top of the pinnacle on the memorial and one at 11 o'clock. And then there's another one way over to the left - very near the top of the frame. There may be others.

Real Name
    Steve Ward

Thankyou Donald, that's so slack of me, trying to make sure i selected the right image i didn't bother to check properly, yes this was my first dawn shot and i'm still getting used to the filter,don't laugh but a couple of times iv'e changed from landscape to portrait and forgotten to move the filter, if you don't mind me asking, what is the best way of removing the bunnies,thanks.
    Last edited by steve ward; 16th May 2012 at 02:50 PM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by steve ward View Post
    don't laugh but a couple of times iv'e changed from landscape to portrait and forgotten to move the filter,
    Been there. Done that. Got the tee-shirt. It's all part of the learning curve.

So far as the dust bunnies are concerned ......

To get the effect of them off this image, I'd go to the Healing tool or Clone tool in whatever post-processing software you're using and just gently brush them out of the image.

So far as getting them out of the camera is concerned, you can do it yourself. It's a reasonably delicate operation and you have to take care not to cause any damage. There are lots of tutorials/guides on the internet that tell you how to do it. But I'm afraid I haven't been brave enough to try. I've taken it to a authorised Canon repair & maintenance centre quite nearby to where I live and paid my money for them to do it.

Dust bunnies are part and parcel of digital shooting. Unless you shoot in a completely dust-free, sterile environment, you're going to get them. Care when changing lenses can help to reduce the frequency of their appearance; e.g. Don't change the lens outside when there's a strong wind. Don't change the lens in a hay shed when someone is tossing bales of hay around, etc.
    Last edited by Donald; 16th May 2012 at 04:06 PM.

Real Name
    Steve Ward

This is great, thanks for taking the time to reply Donald, I have photoshop cs2 that I don't really use properly, so it might be time to learn a bit more.

As for the camera, yes it looks a bit scary in there so I might leave it to the professionals for now, Thanks again.