Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Snakes

Real Name
    Jon

Snakes

I truely dislike these creatures, they just creep me out. But, I still could not resist the shot when I got to the bottom of the wood pile. C & C welcome.
    1.Snakes
    2.Snakes
    3.Snakes

I know, I should have removed the piece of wood in the forground of the 2nd shot, but I was not getting my hands that close to the snake(I would have spooked it and lost the shot)

Real Name
    Mary

Re: Snakes

I know what you mean- I had one live in my compost bin last summer. I tried to get its picture but every time I got close it moved and then so did I !!! I always go to the herp area when I visit zoos-no problem BUT when I come across them in the woods- "run like a girl".

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Nice shots of a nice snake Jon, well done. Do you know what it is? It has a poisonous look about its head but its small scales are more like a python (its not). I love the way its colours blend so well with the leaf litter to camouflage it. Tell me you didnt kill it.

Real Name
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by WJT View Post
    Nice shots of a nice snake Jon, well done. Do you know what it is? It has a poisonous look about its head but its small scales are more like a python (its not). I love the way its colours blend so well with the leaf litter to camouflage it. Tell me you didnt kill it.
    Thanks Wayne. It is just a common gardner snake (non-poisonous). It was not very happy that I disturbed its home, but it slithered away to find another spot.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Nice one, goof to see snakes and people living together peacefully :-)