Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Rage

Real Name
    Bobo

Rage

Took these a couple of days ago at a place called Bride's Pool known for its rocky streams and waterfalls.

Heavy rains over the last couple of weeks had really livened up the place. Unfortunately I selected a general holiday to go there (only time when there is public transport to that place). The "tourists" and photographers had taken all the good positions. The not good positions were inaccessible due to the steep slopes and strong water flow.

This is the only shot (and a really poor one) that I got by placing the camera on the tripod, pre-focusing and then lifting it high to not get heads in the way. The path to the falls is only about 2 feet wide and too many people were jostling for shots mostly with their phones.

Will go back soon on a work day but not sure how yet.

Rage

Went back downstream, much quieter there, and took these of the stream leading down from the falls.

4-6 shots stitched.

1/5sec, 70mm.

Rage

Rage

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Rage

The downstream shots, particularly that wind panorama format you've chosen, really, really work for me, especially the first of the two.

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: Rage

Thanks Donald.

Had to split the pano into 2 parts as the full one got too narrow. #1 should have joined out to the right of #2.

Hopefully this can be fixed in the future by changing how the shots are taken. Either more shots at smaller increments or going vertical with smaller increments.