Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Worth keeping or not?

Real Name
    Andy

Worth keeping or not?

I can't decide whether this shot has any interest or not? Some days I love it and other days I think it's a bit dull. It certainly doesn't portray the lovely mist that was lying on the ground and that new day feel.

What do you think, worth keeping and playing with further?

Worth keeping or not?

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: Worth keeping or not?

Well I think it's a keeper Andy. I don't know what pp you've done on it but I'd raise the shadows a bit, add extra sharpening to bring out the silhouette of the large tree, and increase the colour saturation a little. The image has a lovely hue.

Here is my take on it. Hope you dont mind.

Dave

Worth keeping or not?

I would also try a crop to lose quite a bit from the right and concentrate more on the trees.

Maybe finish up with 5 x 4 ratio, or thereabouts. If necessary, you could probably get away with losing a little bit from the top as well.

Real Name
    John

Andy,
    certainly a keeper, but agree that cropping some off a bit of the right hand side, would be of benifit, IMHO.
    Well done.

Real Name
    Andy

Thanks for all your comments, much appreciated. I've nearly deleted it a few times

Agree on the cropping, was also thinking of a slight crop on the left side to bring it into the middle of the tree trunk.

Dave, next to no PP, a resize and a couple of clicks on the saturation. I like what you have done with it, thanks for the inspiration. I was thinking about darkening the shadows to have all the trees and forground black, but I think I like your idea now.

I'll report back some time with an updated version.

I wish I had taken more time over taking this now. I was rushing to get fishing and this was a very duick snap as I got out the car.