comments welcome

Regards
    Ryan

exploring landscapes 3

Real Name
    Andy

Re: exploring landscapes 3

Hi Ryan.

Im a bit of a novice so don't take my comments to heart to much as I am hardly qualified to give meaningful critique, but.........

My eyes search everywhere for something to look at. There doesn't seem to be anything to focus on. Lots of blue sky and a not very spectacular sunset. The detail in all the shadow has been lost and there isn't anything of note in the water. Also, with such a prominent and straight horizon it needs a bit of levelling out. It's currently sloping to the left. Maybe the picture could be more interesting if it had had trees etc on the horizon, or a boat in the water so you could pull the frame down and only have the more colourful part of the sky in view. The sky has been nicely exposed though.

I am sure though that it was a lovely evening to be out by the water. Sorry, but it's my honest opinion. If you are happy with it then of course that is all that matters.

Andy

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Ryan. This one is missing a subject so as Andy says, there isn't any place in the image for the eye to be attracted to.

Real Name
    Ryan Thomas

Hi Andy

Thanks for the tips and comments and meaningful critique.

wil make use of it!

Real Name
    Allan Short

Ryan: with this image, what about somewhat of a more square crop, keeping that great cloud as the point of focus, also keeping some of the out building and getting rid of some of the right hand edge of the image.

Cheers:

Allan

I wonder about ending up with a 5 x 4 ratio image after cropping the right side. Or maybe lose a corresponding amount from the top.

I don't want to lose that interesting cloud; but possibly cropping away half of it may still work.