Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Cape May Warbler

Real Name
    Sean Fitzpatrick

Cape May Warbler

My first warbler photo ever! These tiny birds are TOUGH! My little woods/marsh in my backyard in Annapolis is ALIVE with critters today. Here are a couple:

60D, 100-400L, mixed ISO (tough in cloudy AM), 580ex + BB.

Cape May Warbler
    IMG_9891 by flyfitz, on Flickr

Cape May Warbler
    IMG_9883 by flyfitz, on Flickr

Cape May Warbler
    IMG_9887 by flyfitz, on Flickr

Had Rose-Chested Grosbeaks all day and 3 woodies just pitched in! More later...

Sean Fitz

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Cape May Warbler

Fantastic captures! The Warblers are a trick to catch at all and you have done quite well here. My only nit with the images is that the background is a bit brit and steals some attention from the subject.

Real Name
    Sean Fitzpatrick

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    Fantastic captures! The Warblers are a trick to catch at all and you have done quite well here. My only nit with the images is that the background is a bit brit and steals some attention from the subject.
    Good point about the BG brightness--my wife said the same thing. It was super back-lit, but I should have dropped the overall exposure down a stop or 2 and locally kept is up. Next time!

Thanks,

Sean Fitz

Real Name
    Joe

Nice images Sean. I agree with Paul that if you lighten the background the Warbler will stand out better. Not sure why you said "Next time" about reprocessing the images. As long as you saved them as RAW or DNG files you can go back over and over. Especially if you save as a DNG and use Adobe Lightroom because any editing is non-destructive of the original.

Real Name
    Sean Fitzpatrick

Quote Originally Posted by jprzybyla View Post
    ... Not sure why you said "Next time" about reprocessing the images. As long as you saved them as RAW or DNG files you can go back over and over. Especially if you save as a DNG and use Adobe Lightroom because any editing is non-destructive of the original.
    Thanks! Yup, very aware of non-destructive editing in LR. They are all converted to DNG from RAW--I'm just on to the next set to images to work on! I will try to get back and tune-them up. Great suggestions. Thanks again.

Sean