Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Blue hour Freedom Tower

Real Name
    Jason

Blue hour Freedom Tower

Hey all,

Here's a shot I took while waiting for the lightrail in hoboken last night on my way back from the city. I only had a few minutes to wait but I couldn't resist the chance to take a photo of the Freedom Tower. They just reached 1250 ft and have about another 500 to go. It should be a very impressive building once finished.

Blue hour Freedom Tower
    _DSC3434 by rhoads238, on Flickr

CC welcome

-Jason

Re: Blue hour Freedom Tower

Just a couple of slight suggestions, Jason.

Clone out whatever it is in the top left corner; and a very slight crop on the left side to totally remove that tiny piece of a building. It isn't sufficient to add anything and just looks odd as it is.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Hi Jason

Nice shot, I like the way you've included those wooden things (whatever they are) in the foreground water. I thought the image would benefit from a bit of pp and took the liberty of having a go at it to illustrate what I thought needed doing. Hope you don't mind.

Basically included Geoff's suggestions but cropped off some of the water at the bottom as well. Reduced the highlights by 80%, made the image a little less purple and added some sharpening.

Dave

Blue hour Freedom Tower

Real Name
    Steve

Very nice. The pilings look great in ths shot and the water is real nice. I shot this from Weehawken and posted it a month or two ago. You are alot closer to lower Manhattan that I was. I shot midtown from Hamilton Park in Weehawken. If you get the chance to visit that park, it has spectacular views of Manhattan. Great work.

Real Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by dje View Post
    Hi Jason

Nice shot, I like the way you've included those wooden things (whatever they are) in the foreground water. I thought the image would benefit from a bit of pp and took the liberty of having a go at it to illustrate what I thought needed doing. Hope you don't mind.

Basically included Geoff's suggestions but cropped off some of the water at the bottom as well. Reduced the highlights by 80%, made the image a little less purple and added some sharpening.

Dave

Blue hour Freedom Tower
    very well done. the tigheter composition made a big difference. and no I dont mind at all. I will have to have another crack at this when I have the time.

Steve- I have driven past Hamilton park. Excellent views from up there. I didnt get to see your photo though. would you mind posting the link to the thread?