Candle

Nikon D90
    32mm
    f/8
    1/160
    iso 200
    vivitar 285hv 1/32 30cm right.

Regards.
    Last edited by photofranky; 3rd May 2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Modified picture

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Candle

Franky

You don't say whether or not you are asking for Comment and Criticism on this image. I assume you probably are, but you may wish to read this thread - How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images. It provides very good advice on asking for C & C.

On the assumption that you are inviting C & C, then can i say that I think this is a very good image.

Initially, I wondered if we had too much black space at each side? But in order to keep the candle centred in the frame and to give space for the edge of the plate at the lower right of the frame, you did need to maintain the ratio you have. But that results in a lot of black space to the left of the candle.

I wondered what the effect would be of raising the tone at the bottom of the picture, just to the left of the centre, so that we just got a subtle appearance of the plate on which the candle is sitting? You, or others, may feel that this would distort the balance of the image and hot be helpful.

Real Name
    franky

Re: Candle

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Franky

How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images. It provides very good advice on asking for C & C.

Read it. Thanks for the advice and for comment.

Regards.