Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Passion...

Real Name
    Mitch Ward

Passion...

Comments Please, I would like to know" HOW " you see this photo..

Passion...

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Passion...

Not sure what you're asking for here Mitch. I see 2 photos - one super-imposed on the other.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Mitch: I like it, hard to put into words why. First saw in it in the mini's, and liked it wanted to comment on it but it is the minis'. So here goes, one is that blank look one sees in the eyes on the playing field or at the rink, you see it in those who are very intense. You see the blank face and eyes, but you know that behind that is a intense powerful burning desire that drives them a passion. The second image to me is a person who has thrown back the head in laugther again a passion.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Mitch Ward

Colin,

Yes technically it is two photos superimposed on each other..

What I am looking for is the first impression, emotion or memories the print evokes, just as Allan sees the intenseness of determination and then the exillaration and relief of laughter.

I see intense depression and the inner turmoil of frustration... I am trying to show layers of intense emotion..

I hope that explanation helps you see where I am looking..No matter what the comments, I will not be offended. This is simply a means for me to understand how my vision affects the preception of others...

Mitch
    Last edited by Toothtek; 29th April 2012 at 03:59 PM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Mitch

My first reaction is that the lower image is too low within the frame. Not because the eye is within the mouth of the other image, though this may have been intentional, but because the mouth is touching the bottom edge of the frame.

I wonder how it would work if you moved the lower image up, so that the eye sat on the moustache and the mouth on the beard of the upper image?

Real Name
    Brian

My first thought was 'weird', followed by pain, followed by why?

Real Name
    Mitch Ward

Please Everyone please comment, I would really like to know what you all think.

Real Name
    Vince

Quote Originally Posted by Toothtek View Post
    I see intense depression and the inner turmoil of frustration... I am trying to show layers of intense emotion..
    Sorry but I don't "see" intense emotion. The lower image to me is one of contemplation more than anything but without any real emotion being evident. To my view there is too much transparency of the top image to adequately portray the emotion you are looking for because with the eye of the lower image in the mouth it has stopped me seeing the emotion around the mouth so that I can accurately determine what is going on.

I like the concept, but it may require tweaking of the placement of the 2 images to accurately show what it is that you are trying to present.

Real Name
    james

Mitch How i see this is two images combined to represent cause and effect, 100s of possibilities. For instance the bottom image could be a man willing himself to injure himself & the top image the effect showing pain or maybe the reverse, The top could be a man imploring the lord for a certain knowledge & then struck dumb when receiving the word. But I dont really "see" emotion, more like intensity. Then to take a totally different view. I could see a man losing his soul through the folly of his words.... maybe that is the intent of such work to make people think of their own views.... interesting.

Real Name
    Joe

I see Pain within and Pain without. Internal, external.

Real Name
    Mitch Ward

Thank you all,

I will go back to design, I agree