Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: For Colin (Toronto Skyline)

Real Name
    Allan Short

For Colin (Toronto Skyline)

Colin this image was taken 45 minutes after "Sinister Evening", we were there for about 3 hours shooting the sunset of the Toronto skyline from the Islands. It was a shoot arranged by Toronto photographer who was giving a course in citycapes/landscapes. It was here that I was trying out my use of filters that I created more of a mood shot than an ordinary cityscape image, with this image here no ND or GND filters were used only some PP. This image is more like what every one else was getting, I formatted it to look similar to the first posting.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: For Colin (Toronto Skyline)

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the explanation.

Just did a quick mockup to give you an idea of what I meant re: cropping in my previous post ...

Real Name
    Allan Short

Thanks for the cropping, I now see better what you were meaning. Sometimes I see only the large picture, not the smaller picture within the larger one. To me the crop you provided works better with colour, I think I will use something more to like this when I go to work on the other images. This one does not have much colour, taken about 6:15 you should see what the sun did around 7:30-8:00 pm to the sky with those clouds. That I think, helped in this image, and the others is the skiff in the foreground it really helped with a sense of depth of the distance to the other shore.

Cheers:

Allan

Although, in some ways I rather like those bare trees balanced against the city.

Maybe worth trying a different crop for an alternative scene here.

Real Name
    Steve

I like the original, but are a tad confused by the bright reflection. I like it but would be uncomfortable with the blown water; since the big thing in the sky is a lot brighter.

It must be hiding