Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Blue Skyline

Real Name
    Jason

Blue Skyline

Hi,

I would appreciated some advice on this photo please. For myself I like it, the colours are what I like most as well as the overall scene, I just am not sure about leaving the tower and the foreground. Do I leave the tower in and is the foreground a bit to busy? All and any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

J

Blue Skyline

Real Name
    Allan Short

Re: Blue Skyline

Jason: like the image, I myself like the tower it draws my eyes to the hills, the colours are good I like the blue of the sky and hills and the golden colour of the hay. That said, I wonder if your can do two things, maybe remove some of the sharpness of the hay or even blur it in some manner, and last create some more detail in the clouds. As I use some of the NIK software I would increase the structure there, maybe a curves layer mask applied to the sky as I love good clouds in an image, and those clouds would pull your eyes into the image, not leaving them coming back to the foregorund. That is just my thoughts.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Jason

Hi Allan,

Thank you for the feedback. I also use some of the NIK software, HDR and SilverEfex Pro, which I really like. I tried the HDR to see how that would work. Not to bad although it did change the colouring a bit. I will keep working on it as I don't wont to get away from the original colours to much.

Cheers

J

Blue Skyline

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by jstp View Post
    Hi Allan,

Thank you for the feedback. I also use some of the NIK software, HDR and SilverEfex Pro, which I really like. I tried the HDR to see how that would work. Not to bad although it did change the colouring a bit. I will keep working on it as I don't wont to get away from the original colours to much.

Cheers

J

Blue Skyline
    Jason,
    I really like your photo, I like the clouds better in this second photo they draw more attention to my eye. I think the yellow grass may be a little over done in this photo, but with that said I really like the mood of this picture. Nice Job!!

Kathy

Real Name
    Jason

Hi Kathy,

Thank you, I am glad you like it. I have had one more go at it, I have combined two images for this one to try to take out the overdone grass.

Cheers

J

Blue Skyline

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by jstp View Post
    I have had one more go at it, I have combined two images for this one to try to take out the overdone grass.
    Hi Jason, there are a lot of good things working for you here. This is an image of layers. There is a great band of yellow and green in the foreground with the grasses and despite its prominence, it is just enough subdued to not steal attention from the mountains. The trees provide another subtle layer, isolating the foreground from the mountains and setting a contrast baseline for what is behind.

The real subject is the mountains with four layers of softening blue and the tower for an interest point for the eye to return to.

The final layer is the sky which strongly complements the mountains without stealing the attention from them.

In short, a really well executed composition. Can you tell that I like it?

Real Name
    Jason

Hey Frank,

Thank you very much for the compliments, very appreciated, I am glad you like it.

Cheers

J