Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Virginia Rail

Real Name
    Paul

Virginia Rail

A small wary bird that lives in the marsh area. Virtually unseen due to normally remaining under the grasses and in blackberry bushes. On ocassion if you are lucky you will see one moving from one bush to another on the companionship trail. To get a shot you must be patient and ready as they stop only for a split second. Many of my shots were of part animal all blurr, partially to a slower than like shutter as it is quite dark in the undergrowth and it was raining. 400mm Iso 400 @ f5.6-8 1/100sec C&C always welcome

Virginia Rail

Virginia Rail

Virginia Rail

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Virginia Rail

Given the circumstances you describe, Paul, these captures are all the more remarkable.

It is the fact that you have captured such high quality, detailed images of such an elusive creature that makes your achievement an example of wonderful dedication to your craft.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

I'll second what Donald said Paul. You've got more patience than me ! Well done.

Dave

Real Name
    Mark

Great shots

Real Name
    Paul

Thanks guys. Donald you are to kind. I'll take it though, tis a tuff critter to get a shot of much less one not blurred beyond recognition.

Real Name
    james

Thanks Paul I dont believe i've ever seen one. now I have . I like the 1st picture I like the way I can see his toes under water. And theres something about the highlights in the water make the scene look as if I am seeing it for myself. I dont know if that makes sense to you , lol but I know what I mean. I wonder if we have them birds here in Tn.

Real Name
    Paul

Thanks James. Yes! Yes you do have them....they are on the list. http://www.tnbirds.org/TBRC/TBRC_checklist.html