Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: "Once a Hidden Treasure"

"Once a Hidden Treasure"

hello! Fellow members,

After travelled for more than two hours and jungle tracked for an hour, there came the sight of a wall of water, the "Rainbow Waterfall" as named by the locals in Sg. Lembing. I was there on the right moment, between the path of the sun and the fall. Until recently, the fall was only discovered and now it was very popular.

Sg. Lembing was once a well known tin mining town in Malaysia when the British managed the town and the mining company. After enjoyed one-hundred year of glory, it is now a dead town but its relic will bring imagery of every scene that will conitnue to hold and haunt our imaginations.

Welcome C&C

CK See
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Chang

Re: "Once a Hidden Treasure"

Hey!
    Besides the slighly uneven horizon in the first picture, I really like the composition.
    I don't know the conditions of shooting, but what really bothers me is the quality. The shots are very blurry and noisy.
    A suggestion is, for the rainbows to stand out more, is to enhance their colors while desaturating the rest of the picture a little bit.
    Keep it up!
    Chang

Re: "Once a Hidden Treasure"

Hey Chang,

Thanks and your comments are well noted. I did a little post-processing. It was the first time I took shots on high waterfall. The site conditions were not quite satisfactory due to space constraints and the high wind. Water droplets were splashing on my lens. I fully agree that the colours of the rainbow is the main subject and should be will highlighted. If I ever visit the fall again, I will get more prepared for it.

Thanks