Thread: Black Bear cub

Real Name
    james

Black Bear cub

On my way to shoot some turkeys I came across this cub , change of plans. Black Bear cub

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: Black Bear cub

Really cool shot. Well done.

Any more ?

Real Name
    glenn

Great shot james.You are a lot braver than me, I don't think I could get that close. That said I'm glad you are otherwise we would never get to see these great images.
    stay brave, and please post more.

Real Name
    Bobo

Brave maybe but do stay safe my friend. No pic is worth being mauled by the mother who should be somewhere quite close.

In places with known big dangerous wildlife stay extra alert for anything and everything, takes quick shots if you can/must but never ever drop your guard.

Real Name
    james

I have more pics, just need to pp them a little. I only took 8 or 9 shots before momma looked up then I slowly backed away, Thus the change of plans. When I started to back away she did also. I never turn my back on a bear, or dog for that matter if I think it may be aggressive.I am glad you liked the cub shot , I may have been able to do better if I had my 400 with me seeing that I cropped this cub about 50 %.

Real Name
    Paul

Nice find and capture James. I think it could do with a slight bit more contrast and a little work on a green cast.Good work in getting some detail in the Bear, Would have been easy not to as he is in part shadow.