Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Eyeball to eyeball

Real Name
    Peter K

Eyeball to eyeball

This was the alpha male of a small wolf pack that came over to check me out. I admit that there was a fence between us but I am very supprised I did not get more camera shake! If only I had got the top of his ears....

Eyeball to eyeball

Real Name
    John

Re: Eyeball to eyeball

Peter,
    yes, I agree maybe just a bit to tight at both top and bottom. But a lovely shot.
    If it was me taking this shot, I don't think my nerve would have held long enough to allow me to frame it as you have. I think I would have been heading in the other direction, very quickly; fence or no fence.

Well done.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Reminds me of a story a friend told me many years ago. Apparantly he was at the zoo with his camera -- an older film sort that had a detachable leather case. He foolishly jumped the outer fence to get a better shot of a gorilla - took the case off the camera - put it on the ground - and backed up to frame the shot.

The gorilla came to the bars - reached through and grabbed the case ... about the same time as my friend saw what was happening - and he tried to snatch the case back.

So for a brief moment we had this little tug-o-war (I say "brief" because ...). He commented "F*** those things are strong!" Doh.

Real Name
    John

Colin,
    very polite words under the circumstances. Very funny story.
    Moral of the story, "leave your case on the other side of the fence before jumping over" NO only joking I would not advise doing something so dangerous; but then again....
    Last edited by JPS; 15th April 2012 at 03:49 AM.

Real Name
    Bobo

Looking at the eyes he seems to be thinking "should we or should'nt we get a meal".

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    Colin,
    very polite words under the circumstances. Very funny story.
    Moral of the story, "leave your case on the other side of the fence before jumping over" NO only joking I would not advise doing something so dangerous; but then again....
    Yeah!

I reckon that if I was to have a wrist-wresting match with one, there wouldn't be a camera on earth with a shutterspeed fast enough to capture my hand on the way down!

Real Name
    Peter K

Yes I cropped the bottom to try and compensate for the missing ears!

This is another of the pack earlier in the day. She transformed a whole rabbit into what you see in the picture in 10 to 15 seconds...........

Eyeball to eyeball

Real Name
    John

Peter,
    I like the 2nd shot even better, IMO.
    How he's devoured that rabbit just confirms to me that fence should be both big and strong.
    Cheers