Real Name
    Kevin

Gone with the wind

A picture of one of my daughters

Gone with the wind

Real Name
    Myra

Re: Gone with the wind

The photo/post processing is beautiful. You can feel the wind and have captured the essence of her exuberance. Love the sharp detail of her hair against the smooth skin. The hair around her right eye could not have happened more perfectly. The only thing I would change is the amount of blurring on her left shoulder and the bottom left of the frame as those areas seem to stand out a bit.

I'm Myra from Nova Scotia, btw. Pleased to see you here

Real Name
    Gillie Bengough

Hi Ibraheem; a fun picture of a lovely child. I don't think I would have blurred her hair at all, just the background. Also, I think you have lightened her cheek and forehead a little too much, but having said that, it is a lovely picture of your little girl. Gillie

Real Name
    Richard

What a neat shot of a very pretty young lady. I am sure you both will cherish that image for a long time to come.

I'd love to see a similar shot five years or so from now! Just to see if she will develop into the beautiful woman she has a head start on being...

Real Name
    Kevin

Myra, Gillie, Richard.... thanks for the kind words and advice! After reviewing the photo on a different monitor, I agree with your statements regarding the blur and lightening. I aprreciate the tips.
    Last edited by Ibrah33m; 14th April 2012 at 08:07 PM.

Real Name
    Brian

Hi Ibraheem. I agree that some of the blurring is distracting. 99% of the time I prefer color for portraits, but this one looks great. Very nice work.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Hi Ibraheem,

A couple of points ...

- The human eye is naturally drawn to the brightest things in a photo - and if the photo is a portrait - then that needs to be the face. In this case though, you have a couple of other areas competing for the eyes attention - the first is the background which is a similar level - the second is your signature in the bottom right hand corner.

- Normally you'll want to place the eyes about 1/3 down from the top of the frame - so I'd suggest cropping it a bit tighter.

Hope this helps.

Gone with the wind