Antolín Agar Soto

Bridge on the "Kranzberger see" Germany

Please be critical, I want to learn. thanks
    Bridge on the "Kranzberger see" Germany
    Last edited by Nilotna; 12th April 2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Reprocesed

Real Name
    Jeff

Re: Bridge on the "Kranzberger see" Germany

You have chopped off the edge of the bridge ... Exposure is good,maybe bring up the shadows a bit; what I try do when shooting something like this is to "bracket the composition" i.e. try lots of different compositions at different heights, focal lengths & angles. Here I'm sure I'd have gone for a lower angle for a couple of shots, maybe shot through the bridge, got down on the river bank and shot upwards - I'm sure you get the idea - spend more time to work the scene and try to exhaust the possibilities. Keep up the good work, this shot shows promise !

Jeff

Real Name
    Antolín Agar Soto

Escaladieu, Many thanks for the tips.
    I understand the need to devote more time to a picture, right?
    Thanks again

Real Name
    Alexander Rose

What I have learned the hard way is that for a shot like this, you better have a tripod handy and take shots with multiple exposures.
    To prevent the sky from being blown out, you sacrifice all detail in the shadows below the roof of the bridge.
    Don't get me wrong - that IS indeed the better option than having the sky go all white. But with multiple exposures, you could have both.
    The chopped off edge is something that constantly happened to me but it got a lot better lately.

In general though and from an artistic point of view, I really like it a lot.

Oh, and before somebody else asks you for it - please be so kind and fill out more details in your profile about you.
    Your real name and location are always of interest.
    Last edited by thatguyfromvienna; 12th April 2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Stupid typo

What I would like to add: give much more space to the right. Exposure, colour And focus is good. Something "wrong" with the front part of the image (right side)?

Real Name
    Bobo

The experts have spoken and as usual I know what they are saying but always find it hard to do on site.

My first reaction on seeing the shots is "Why is the roof tilting backwards?".

Real Name
    Antolín Agar Soto

1, I apologize for not having submitted, at the end of this post will fill my profile.
    2 The picture is a panoramic formed by two tables and each of them with three shots at different shutter speed.
    3 º I think that the deformation of the right is a mistake to compress the file, try to repeat the processing and hang the final result.
    4 The cut on the right was produced by mounting the picture and do not think this can be improved.
    Thanks to everyone for the tips that are very important to me.
    5 º Sorry for my English, I am translating through google.

Real Name
    Antolín Agar Soto

Re: Bridge on the "Kranzberger see" Germany (REPROCESED)

Sorry for my mistake earlier: the photo is composed of 4 planes of 3 shots each, making a total of 12 shots.
    I have reprocessed trying to follow the wise indications of all of you. Some things I have achieved but not others. I could not improve the shadows for example.
    I do not know if the right thing is to keep the two photos in the forum. ¿?
    Hope you like.
    Greetings.