Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: nikon s9100 not auto-rotating images

nikon s9100 not auto-rotating images

I can't find a setting in the menu of a Nikon S9100 to auto rotate images taken when the camera is held vertically/portrait style. This means when we stick the SD card into the slot on our HDTV we end up with stiff necks trying to look at such pictures.

Am I missing something or does the Nikon S9100 really not allow auto-rotation?

Ken

Real Name
    Kathy

Re: nikon s9100 not auto-rotating images

Apparently, it has no auto-rotation. They probably didn't include an orientation sensor.

I had the same feeling of disbelief when I realized my Panasonic G3 has no orientation sensor in it and uses the stabilization unit in the lens for this purpose. Which is great, except when I use an unstabilized lens on it. (Pbbbtt.) $600 interchangeable lens camera, and I still have to rotate portrait images manually.

Re: nikon s9100 not auto-rotating images

Quote Originally Posted by inkista View Post
    Apparently, it has no auto-rotation.
    OK, I didn't think I'd missed the option and you're right disbelief is what I felt.

Yes it's easy enough to rotate them on a PC but the owner of the camera is not a fan of computers so it's a pity she can't just stick the SD card in the TV slot and see what she took.

Ken