Thread: The Magic Of Cloning

The Magic Of Cloning

I have been busy lately, but I don't forget to do my lessons in PP. I love cloning, I starting to learn it slowly but surely. Thanks for viewing.

Image 1-with all those complicated electric wires and all.

The Magic Of Cloning

Image 2-it's almost gone!

The Magic Of Cloning

Real Name
    Sharon

Re: The Magic Of Cloning

Very patient of you Al...well done.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Al! Good to see the results of your new efforts, your skills are coming along very well. One thing that can make this type of cloning easier is the use of multiple source images.

For example, let’s say (if you didn't already) that you take this image and one just a few feet to the right and another a few feet to the left. When it comes time to clone, you will likely have a clear view of all of the building that is currently blocked by the pole and wires. Although the shooting angle won't be exactly the same, the detail you can merge into the original will be much closer to being correct than cloning process all by itself can produce. That is how I produced the final result in this image.

In addition, chances are that the people will not be in the same location in all three images so they would be easy to clone them out if you didn't want them in the final print. Another advantage to taking the time to carefully shoot three images is that by the time you were done, the truck might have moved on as well.

I'll be posting some additional cloning tips in my next installment of Project 52 if I ever get a chance to complete it. LOL!
    Last edited by FrankMi; 11th April 2012 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Mae View Post
    Very patient of you Al...well done.
    Thanks Sharon...no pain no gain

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Hi Al! Good to see the results of your new efforts, your skills are coming along very well. One thing that can make this type of cloning easier is the use of multiple source images.

For example, let’s say (if you didn't already) that you take this image and one just a few feet to the right and another a few feet to the left. When it comes time to clone, you will likely have a clear view of all of the building that is currently blocked by the pole and wires. Although the shooting angle won't be exactly the same, the detail you can merge into the original will be much closer to being correct than cloning process all by itself can produce. That is how I produced the final result in this image.

In addition, chances are that the people will not be in the same location in all three images so they would be easy to clone them out if you didn't want them in the final print. Another advantage to taking the time to carefully shoot three images is that by the time you were done, the truck might have moved on as well.

I'll be posting some additional cloning tips in my next installment of Project 52 if I ever get a chance to complete it. LOL!
    Hi Frank, thank you for the link and the miracle of merging LOL! I was thinking of removing that truck but I got tired LOL! I'll do your suggestion...I have a photo op this coming weekend, I'll experiment on that.

'I can see where you have been', Al.

Top left corner, there are some faint clone marks remaining.

I often finish off cloning with a quick run around with a Healing Brush to tidy up any such marks.

Everything else looks fine except for a tiny mark halfway up the right side.

Real Name
    Toņo

Hi Al.

Indeed you were very patient with this image. Good job! As Geoff has indicated there are some visible marks, but of course we have seen the original picture to compare against.

Why didn't you clone the people out?

I prefer the tone of the sky on the original image.

Toņo

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    'I can see where you have been', Al.

Top left corner, there are some faint clone marks remaining.

I often finish off cloning with a quick run around with a Healing Brush to tidy up any such marks.

Everything else looks fine except for a tiny mark halfway up the right side.
    Thanks Geoff, now I can see that power transformer still unfinished Thank you for pointing that out and for your suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by acsky View Post
    Hi Al.

Indeed you were very patient with this image. Good job! As Geoff has indicated there are some visible marks, but of course we have seen the original picture to compare against.

Why didn't you clone the people out?

I prefer the tone of the sky on the original image.

Toņo
    Tono thank you for your comment. As for cloning people, I thought they would give a little life to the image.