Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Faithfully

Real Name
    Toņo

Faithfully

Hi everyone

I cleaned up a little the background and cropped to portrait format. I want to know your opinion of the result.

Toņo

Faithfully

Re: Faithfully

For me, Tono, the basic composition works fine.

They are looking downwards so no clear face shots, but in this case I don't think that really matters too much as they are both concentrating on the same object.

With such a low shutter speed and high ISO you were clearly struggling to find suitable settings, so a slight lack of sharpness is understandable. Was this hand held or on a tripod?

Flash may have given 'better' settings but I fear it may have ruined the atmosphere.

Real Name
    Toņo

Hi Geoff

The picture was taken hand held. I shot this one last Sunday at the Dom in Köln, Germany. As in any old church the lighting is not too good for pictures.

I tried to capture a good facial expression of those good people that went to church on Easter Sunday.

Below is the original image.

Faithfully

Real Name
    Ali

Completely agree with Geoff's critique. I was wondering if a black and white would be a nicer choice. It probably will take care of some of the issues from the high ISO and the off WB.

Good capture!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Toņo,

I think you did well with crop and clean up (especially as shot at 6400 iso), plus the composition is good for me too.

If I have one suggestion, it would be to back off the exposure one stop; the boy's face is approaching blown.

Cheers,