Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Still at my feet

Real Name
    Allan Short

Still at my feet

Still looking down at my feet out in the woods.

Cheers:

Allan

Still at my feet

Real Name
    John

Re: Still at my feet

Hi Allan,
    a very interesting concept.
    Sometimes we all forget to look down and miss some interesting shots. I've got a fascination about looking 'up'. I can't walk down the High street without looking up to see the architecture above my head. Many shops in the UK are converted from old Victorian buildings, with the lower part being converted into the shop. But look 'up' and you can see some wonderful sights; that hundreds of people walk past each day, never knowing what's above their heads.

Thanks for sharing.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    ~ I've got a fascination about looking 'up'. I can't walk down the High street without looking up to see the architecture above my head. Many shops in the UK are converted from old Victorian buildings, with the lower part being converted into the shop. But look 'up' and you can see some wonderful sights; that hundreds of people walk past each day, never knowing what's above their heads.
    Oh, it's not just me then John?
    The shame is they are more often than not covered in anti-pigeon netting and/or spikes which limit the photo opportunities

Hi Allan,

You're right to look down, there can be 'gold' down there.

Is it just me, or have you deliberately gone for a very contrasty look here?
    I find the exposure a bit bright and the blacks very black.

I like the bits of green showing too.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Allan Short

Dave: I was going for a very contrasty look, to bring out the texures in the overwintered leaves, it is something that I do not usually do so I looked upon it as a learning experience. It was a very harsh bright light at the time I took the image, it was the spot of colour of the flowers and green stems in that patch of wet black muck that caught my eye and formed an image there before I took the shot.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Pierre

Allan
    I love the image, but I also love the contrast.

I can see that the sun was at it's peak, I think you did a good job with the capture despite that.

Dave - I just hate, hate, hate all of the netting and other protection used on these buildings. I know the bird-doo is really bad for the buildings, but I still hate, hate, hate them.