Thread: analogue shots #1

Real Name
    Lukas

analogue shots #1

Hello everyone, just wanted to share some work that I've developed in my room(partially in bathroom). These photographs I took at various places but I really like that feeling to it especially to first and second..

analogue shots #1
    father at my grandmothers stone

analogue shots #1
    my friend

analogue shots #1
    again my friend

Suggestions and critiques are welcome.
    Last edited by lukysta; 4th April 2012 at 05:48 PM.

Real Name
    Kevin

Re: analogue shots #1

I really like these, Lucas. I almost feel like I stepped into someone else's dream. The soft focus and high key lend to a surreal and spontaneous mood. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but certainly works for me. Well done,

Kevin

Real Name
    Lukas

Quote Originally Posted by kdoc856 View Post
    I really like these, Lucas. I almost feel like I stepped into someone else's dream. The soft focus and high key lend to a surreal and spontaneous mood. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but certainly works for me. Well done,

Kevin
    Thanks!

Real Name
    Lukas

analogue shots #1

Here's the first picture because it wasn't showing in the first post.

Real Name
    Brian

The first image (reposted) doesn't work for me at all. The darkest part of the image is the subject? So dark I can't see any detail? Perhaps others may like this, just my opinion.

The second and third images do have some appeal, though mostly due to the expression of the subject - the woman is eye grabbing. The second one the woman's forehead is blown out, and the third one I don't like all the texture on the left side of the frame. The textures of the clothing do create interest. I'm sure many others will like these sort of images.

Thank you for posting.

Real Name
    Lukas

Quote Originally Posted by speedneeder View Post
    The first image (reposted) doesn't work for me at all. The darkest part of the image is the subject? So dark I can't see any detail? Perhaps others may like this, just my opinion.

The second and third images do have some appeal, though mostly due to the expression of the subject - the woman is eye grabbing. The second one the woman's forehead is blown out, and the third one I don't like all the texture on the left side of the frame. The textures of the clothing do create interest. I'm sure many others will like these sort of images.

Thank you for posting.
    Yes what you say is all true, but I wasn't going for technical perfection.. With these cameras (pentacon six TL, yashica mat-124g) Im just trying to capture the moment. About that third one that texture is the last frame on the film with tape that holds it..
    Thanks for comment!