Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Country Life

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Country Life

Shot this over 4 years ago - but never processed it until now. What do you all think - a keeper?

Country Life

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Country Life

We told you when we last saw this house quite some time ago, you really have to stop spending so much time on photography and do some DIY and decorating around the family home.

I think the composition and, in particular, where you've placed the house in the picture. I think I would have liked the sky to have been kinder and for there to have been some more cloud in that empty bit in the right hand half. But that's nitpicking.

Real Name
    Bobo

Have to view it in large size to appreciate it properly.

A lovely image of a serene and quiet countryside. Like it very much.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    We told you when we last saw this house quite some time ago, you really have to stop spending so much time on photography and do some DIY and decorating around the family home.

I think the composition and, in particular, where you've placed the house in the picture. I think I would have liked the sky to have been kinder and for there to have been some more cloud in that empty bit in the right hand half. But that's nitpicking.
    Thanks Donald,

I agree ... unfortunately, those were the clouds at the time though

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    Have to view it in large size to appreciate it properly.

A lovely image of a serene and quiet countryside. Like it very much.
    Thanks Bobo

Real Name
    Darren

I think it's a great shot. I would be proud to have made that image. Just out of curiosity, is there anything out in the field that could provide some foreground interest? Like, maybe a piece of rusty old farm equipment, a hand water pump, a wolf? Something like that included in the image would really give it some depth. Regardless, it's a great photo... nice job!

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Momo View Post
    I think it's a great shot. I would be proud to have made that image. Just out of curiosity, is there anything out in the field that could provide some foreground interest? Like, maybe a piece of rusty old farm equipment, a hand water pump, a wolf? Something like that included in the image would really give it some depth. Regardless, it's a great photo... nice job!
    Thanks Darren,

No - just more grass and sheep

Real Name
    Steve

I think if those clouds were white; this is a shockingly good image. Peaceful and sorta really good type of good.

Real Name
    Pierre

Wow Colin, I love this image.
    The rolling hills in the background, the old house, and even some color left in it, with the magnificant tree to the right foreground of the house. The sheep lazily feeding in the field, helping guide the viewer into the image. There is good balance to this image. The light you captured with the color and detail all add up to a wonderful image that I could spend time viewing, just wishing I was there.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    I think if those clouds were white; this is a shockingly good image. Peaceful and sorta really good type of good.
    Thanks Steve,

Unfortunately, it was shot at the end of the day when white clouds aren't white anymore!

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by PBelarge View Post
    Wow Colin, I love this image.
    The rolling hills in the background, the old house, and even some color left in it, with the magnificant tree to the right foreground of the house. The sheep lazily feeding in the field, helping guide the viewer into the image. There is good balance to this image. The light you captured with the color and detail all add up to a wonderful image that I could spend time viewing, just wishing I was there.
    Thanks Pierre,

I can take you there anytime you're visiting NZ -- I think your first reaction would be "is that it?" though!