Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Burned Out

Real Name
    Andrew

Burned Out

My wife is working this evening, the kids are sleeping, nothing's on TV, I've been going through the forums, but I really needed to photograph something. This is all I could come up with. C+C please!
    Burned Out

Real Name
    Andrew

Re: Burned Out

Wow, focus is really soft - it didn't look that bad while I was editing it - I swear!

Real Name
    Bobo

It looks fine in an abstract sort of way.

Real Name
    Pierre

Andrew
    Sometimes I stand back from my screen to look at an image. I did so with your image, and it definitely looks better from about 6 feet from my screen. It takes some of the softness away and I believe the softness at that distance works well. The lighting works very well too.
    Some images are not meant to be viewed from close, and I believe yours is one of them.

Real Name
    Andrew

Thanks for the confidence gentlemen, I think I will take it back to the drawing board though, and see what I can come up with tonight - you know those lessons you read about using a macro lens, how it's an absolute MUST to use a tripod.... They're not actually kidding! And I thought I had steady hands! Oh well, it's all about the learning, right?

Real Name
    Ahmed

Hello Andrew,

An excellent idea. The photo is really nice. My only comment is about focus.
    Otherwise, the idea is quite new (at least to me). Your genuine feelings that night appears clearly in this photo. Sometimes, I have same feelings and act the same way.

Ahmed