Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Cley

Cley

Cley (as in spy) is on the North Norfolk coast, today with the good weather i captured these.

Cley

Cley

Cley

cR

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Cley

When I got to this point, I went off along to Blakeney Point to look at seals

Cley

and Terns (se also How do you decide which are your best photos?)

Cley

OK so having gone round the houses (or sand dunes in this case), I really have to admit not liking the skies as blued as you have them nor the gross distortion of churches you get on these round-the-corner shots

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by cat ryan View Post
    Cley (as in spy) is on the North Norfolk coast, today with the good weather i captured these.

cR
    Let me guess - you used a polarising filter?

very nice scenery everyone may not like the exposure u tried here but i sort of like it.....gives it a serene,soft,almost a portrait kind of light and feeling to the whole pic personally i think u tend to give a tad bit more space to your foregrounds which stops the eye from flowing smoothly into your pics

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Let me guess - you used a polarising filter?
    It was the blue sky yesterday Colin, not worth buying equipment if you don't get it out the bag and use it I.

cR

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    very nice scenery everyone may not like the exposure u tried here but i sort of like it.....gives it a serene,soft,almost a portrait kind of light and feeling to the whole pic personally i think u tend to give a tad bit more space to your foregrounds which stops the eye from flowing smoothly into your pics
    Thanks Taken for your constructive comments, appreciated.

cR

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by cat ryan View Post
    It was the blue sky yesterday Colin, not worth buying equipment if you don't get it out the bag and use it I.

cR
    Sorry - I was being a bit cryptic there.

The sky tones are very uneven, which is the classic issue one often gets when using a CP filter on a WA lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Sorry - I was being a bit cryptic there.

The sky tones are very uneven, which is the classic issue one often gets when using a CP filter on a WA lens.
    No prob,s Colin, in hindsight I think I went OTT the filter requires respect and a learning curve but it's nice to capture the elusive
    blue sky.

The 10-20mm sigma stayed away on this one, these are all stitched pano's with 24-105L

cR

The first 3 are a little strong for me. I am reminded of those holiday brochures where every thing liquid or gaseous is unnaturally blue. The compositions are very nicely managed in keeping with your work in general.

Real Name
    Chris

reference pics of Cley Mill, probably too boring, but worth getting round to the other side of Cat

Cley

Cley
    Last edited by crisscross; 24th June 2009 at 08:59 PM.