Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Opened in April, 1971, this was the first...

Real Name
    Darren

Opened in April, 1971, this was the first...

... and now they are on every corner. This is just one of my favorite places to hit at the iconic Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle. This is somewhat of a "rare" shot in that there isn't a throng of people waiting in line to get inside or a busker doing his thing at the front door. Feel free to C&C the first image. The second below is just a snapshot. Oh, and I don't think there is a straight line to be found at this place! I was standing dead-smack in front of the door and for the life of me could not get anything to square up. Splendid.

And here's what it looks like about 3.5 hours later. BTW, the gentleman playing the banjo was absolutely amazing! There was a mother and child dancing in the street while another fellow slapped his knee to the rhythm. If you're in the area, I highly recommend this place for street photography. I swear, there are more cameras than actual shoppers.

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: Opened in April, 1971, this was the first...

Cool shots.

Rather interestingly, the very first time I had a Starbucks coffee was at exactly this place on a 2 night business visit.

I had no idea that this was the first one that opened. Now I know!

Real Name
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    Cool shots.

Rather interestingly, the very first time I had a Starbucks coffee was at exactly this place on a 2 night business visit.

I had no idea that this was the first one that opened. Now I know!
    Hey, very cool! I hope you enjoyed your stay in Seattle. You obviously got to see the Market... and hopefully during peak hours when it's a zoo.

Real Name
    Louise

As you say, no straight lines. Goog street photography. In my neck of the wood, there is an interesting debate on the legality of taking pictures of people where they can be easyly identified, like face on. Anyone came across this in their esperience as street photograph?

Real Name
    Richard

Obviously, a business selling coffee and tea like that will never be successful

Real Name
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Obviously, a business selling coffee and tea like that will never be successful
    Well, certainly not in Seattle! What on earth were they thinking?!

@wlou
    To the best of my knowledge, if you're in a public place and the subject is in a public place, then you're free to take a photo. The law is different if you're not in public and even if you shoot someone on the street from inside the privacy of your own home... and especially visa versa. I know of some photographers who cover their butt anyway with a model release.

Real Name
    Louise

To the best of my knowledge, if you're in a public place and the subject is in a public place, then you're free to take a photo. The law is different if you're not in public and even if you shoot someone on the street from inside the privacy of your own home... and especially visa versa. I know of some photographers who cover their butt anyway with a model release.
    No established rules then?
    Last edited by Donald; 26th March 2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Inserted quote tags

Real Name
    Bobo

Quote Originally Posted by Momo View Post
    Hey, very cool! I hope you enjoyed your stay in Seattle. You obviously got to see the Market... and hopefully during peak hours when it's a zoo.
    Think we missed the market but did see the Needle, the Locks and had a great seafood dinner somewhere near the Locks area. The best fish steak I have ever had.