Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Goose in flight

Real Name
    Steve

Goose in flight

Gave me a flyby when i was shooting the creek shot. (advantage of 2 cameras, i never would have gotten this shot)....................

Goose in flight

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Goose in flight

Nice capture Steve.

Real Name
    JimC

Great shot Steve. what technique did you use, He is so sharp and clear. Every time I try that I get a well focused tail feather JimC

Real Name
    Bobo

Cool shot Steve.

Real Name
    Clive

Good one Steve, well composed with space for the bird to fly into the frame.

Real Name
    Steve

Nice capture Steve

Thanks Paul

Great shot Steve. what technique did you use, He is so sharp and clear. Every time I try that I get a well focused tail feather JimC

Thanks Jim. For wildlife, i almost always use Al Servo focus mode. I heard the goose starting to honk, and from experience, i knew it was getting ready to fly. I quickly set the focus dot to the right and up one to compose the shot in camera. I used evalutive metering(and set the exposure comp. beforehand), because my camera meters off the working autofocus point.

What i did forget to do, was increase the iso for more shutter speed.(it was set at iso640 and should have used iso1000 or 1250) My shutterspeed was a little slow for this shot .

Cool shot Steve.

Thanks bobo

Good one Steve, well composed with space for the bird to fly into the frame.

Thanks clive

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Steve. Great job capturing the goose in flight, close up, nice and sharp! About the only thing that I can think of that could improve the image would be if you could tone down the cluttered background so that the goose has clearer definition and stands out a bit more. My best guess would be to try to reduce the contrast a little on just the background and see if that works for you.