Thread: A visit to Church

Real Name
    John

A visit to Church

I saw this old Lady on her way to Church today, she was walking very slowly and used her trolley for support but she made it safely.
    How would other members composed this picture?
    I was looking to tell a story of the old women going to her daily worship.

A visit to Church

C&C welcome.
    Last edited by JPS; 24th March 2012 at 11:29 PM.

Real Name
    Ludwig Keck

Re: A visit to Church

This is a good photo and tells your story. The only quibble I have is that it does not really show that the women is going to church, she might just be passing by. Maybe you can try again and get the picture when the lady has turned toward the entrance. THe lighting and composition of the church is great. The flower bed in the foreground does not add anything to the picture - I would crop it out for a stronger image.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This is a good photo and tells your story. The only quibble I have is that it does not really show that the women is going to church, she might just be passing by. Maybe you can try again and get the picture when the lady has turned toward the entrance. THe lighting and composition of the church is great. The flower bed in the foreground does not add anything to the picture - I would crop it out for a stronger image.
    A visit to Church

Real Name
    Ludwig Keck

Yes!

This also makes the woman larger, I hadn't thought of that. Much better, indeed.

Real Name
    JimC

John
    First of all I love the photo. I was thinking about a little less of a crop on the bottom lile this
    A visit to Church
    But to tell you the truth I liked the idea in both of yours. Keep up the good work. The rule of thirds that Donald is always talking about. JimC

Real Name
    Toño

Hi John

From the first image I had the same though as Ludwig = the lady may just be passing by.

For me the second crop is a lot better. The lady is closer and bigger, and then she looks as she was walking towards the side entrance. At least that's how I see it now.

Toño

Real Name
    Mike

Ummm… The lady looks more like my grandmother walking to Piggly Wiggly (a food store in the midwest USA) in her slippers with her grocery cart than dressed for church.

Out of curiosity, do older ladies in the UK who go to church tend to wear these fancy sunday hats? (I think the Queen Mum gives me that impression) If so, that would hint more towards her going to worship… Just a thought. An interesting image though! Im wondering if cloning grass into the garden would make it work better as I agree, the crop makes the lady bigger, yet the black oval does not add anything...