Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Canon 5DIII

Real Name
    Pierre

Canon 5DIII

I received an email invitation to view/handle the 5DIII camera for last night at Unique Photo Store in New Jersey. I decided to go and see what this camera has.
    I was very impressed with the camera and a host of new features that really has made dramatic differences to the 5DII I own.
    Well I put my name on the list for purchase last night and they told me it would be at least a week. I decided to try and sell my 5DII, figuring it may take a couple of weeks.
    The camera sold in 15 minutes...I met the gentleman today, on the way home the camera store called and told me the 5DIII was available. I ordered it and will have it in my hands in two days - Wow, it happened so fast I am not sure I had any real control at all...
    I think if I actually put thought into the whole process I would have waited until at least the fall. I am glad I spontaneously combusted and bought it.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Canon 5DIII

Oh shut up ... I've heard that Canon have delayed the launch of my beloved 1Dx until at least the end of April ... and I'm STILL waiting for my new 600EX-RT flashes

Real Name
    Alex

Now that they have all this full frame nonsense out of the way for the Olympics I hope that they get back to making new super crop cameras for the wildlife amateurs.

Enjoy your new camera.

Alex

Real Name
    Kathy

Congratulations and happy new camera! I'm very very jealous.