Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Canada Blooms

Real Name
    Allan Short

Canada Blooms

This is something that I do not have any sort of handle on. Basically first time shooting flowers.

Cheers:

Allan

Canada Blooms

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Canada Blooms

The first thing that caught my eye, Allan, were the imperfections on that flower-head on the right-hand side. The colours and tones give it a very 'romantic' feel and that staining on the petal just hits you between the eyes.

Otherwise, I think it's a good arrangement/composition. We have a very strong main subject, so are not left with our eyes just wandering around a bunch of flowers.
    Last edited by Donald; 19th March 2012 at 08:21 AM.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Thanks Donald, the show opened on Friday, we were there on Sunday. This was one of the winning arrangements, I did not notice the imperfections when shooting. I was using a 105mm 2.8 with macro, I was hand holding as one of our group had said not tripods were allowed, I think I was so busy trying to hold it stead at 1/40 and so far back because of the len size, I had other lens but at least a stop or 2/3 of a stop slower and I was already at 1600.

Cheers

Allan

Real Name
    Frank Miller

A great combination of colors in the arangement, Allan, with the purple one setting the focal point.