Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Tell me what you think!

Real Name
    Zach

Tell me what you think!

Tell me what you think!
    I'm not sure why, but I think this picture is awesome, besides it being a little off angle.

Re: Tell me what you think!

Please remember I'm no expert. But how I see it is the angle is great as is the subject. I would however clone out the road signs and the telegraph pole. I think it would give it a more eerie feel.

Real Name
    Richard

I get an emotional feeling from this image. However, I think it may have had a stronger impact with a closer crop in a narrow vertical format...

Real Name
    Mal

It's definitely the perspective I think that makes this capture. It gives the sense of someone walking to infinity.

Two suggestions from me - I'd actually try and get rid of the power lines as well as the sign, and I'd try it as a black and white as well.

Real Name
    Ludwig Keck

How about trying it as a square crop from just inside the road signs and below the power line. That would put the horizon line in the center - against all "composition rules". It might not work, but i would like to see it that way.

My initial response was "stupid piney get out of the middle of the street!!" While that response is not really appropriate, it would spark a conversation that will allow outsiders some insight to Jerzey's sub cultures. So I digress and only to inquire what do you like about the photo?

Ryo

Real Name
    Zach

I think I'm gonna try getting rid of the signs and changing it to B/W, thanks for the input!
    -Zach

Real Name
    Zach

Tell me what you think!

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Please remember I'm no expert. But how I see it is the angle is great as is the subject. I would however clone out the road signs and the telegraph pole. I think it would give it a more eerie feel.
    I also get frustrated when I come upon a great architectural find and see it blanketed in road signs and utility lines. Before PP software we had to accept what we found so to remove these obstructions sort of takes away from the reality of our world.