Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Reflected Sun

Real Name
    Jason

Reflected Sun

Hello,

This shot was taken through my lounge window, my attention was captured by the sun shining on the wall next to my computer and was curious as to where it was coming from. I quite like the shot, the colour and the outline of the leaves but I am not sure if it has any real merit. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

J

Reflected Sun

Real Name
    Kathy

Re: Reflected Sun

Jason, I bet in the moment it was a very beautiful capture, sometimes I will see something really unique and take a photo of it and really like the photo, but when it is shown to other people they do not understand it and I think it is because they were not there and the moment just does not come through in the photo. (not sure if any of this makes sense) What is important is that if you like it and you understand it then that is what counts. Now I am a very inexperienced photographer so someone else on here may have some better advice for you.
    I love the gold and the sillouette of the leaves.

Kathy

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

See what cropping tight to the window edges does for the image. I roughly blocked it out and the image appeals to me more with less black.

Overall you have a good eye for an image, the most important thing for a photographer; the rest is mechanics (I admit this is overly simplistic summation).

Real Name
    Jason

Hey guys, sorry for the time taken to reply, thank you for the replies. You explain it just right Kathy, just goes to show what is one persons like is not necessarily anothers. Tbob I have tried the tighter crop and agree, I do prefer it without so much black on the sides.

Cheers

J

Reflected Sun