Thread: Boudoir

Real Name
    Mario Renato Zamora

Boudoir

Moderator Note

This thread was started by Mario (Chong). As the title suggests it contained a boudoir image. After consideration, it was felt that it was not an appropriate image to have up on this forum that has, as members are aware, no dedicated 'boudoir/glamour/nude photography section.

The merits of the artistic endeavour in making the image are acknowledged. As such, we have no wish to deny the opportunity to view the image to those who may wish to do so, but advise that it is an image containing subject material with which some may feel uncomfortable.

The link to the image is - http://i39.tinypic.com/348hzyu.jpg
    Last edited by Donald; 15th March 2012 at 12:23 PM.

Real Name
    randy

Re: Boudoir

I am finding the background distracting; skin tone is very good; maybe the model should show more profile of the face

Real Name
    Graham Heron

First thing I see is this huge brick wall in my face, otherwise known as a watermark. And no attempt to place it so as to allow the image to be appreciated.
    Next thing I see is the huge thigh leading out of the frame.
    I just can't see past these two points.
    At the very least (as has been mentioned in other threads), please, please, please remove the watermark.
    UNLESS your intent is self promotion rather than your imagery?
    Graham

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

For me, again, the watermark just totally murdered the image. It's like sticking a big FRAGILE sticker on the Mona Lisa in that it not so much "draws" the eye to it as it does outright "hijacks" it.

Apart from that, I think it's fine. The thigh that Graham mentions doesn't bother me as much, but having just said that, traditionally, having the leg bent but on the bed would probably work a lot better.

Hope this helps.

Real Name
    Hans

Why not making a "filter". You see this a lot on other forums.
    Most of the time one has to be registered to the forum and can (de)activate a filter in his/her account that images of a certain kind will or will not be displayed.
    Just an idea.
    About the image, as others mentioned already, apart from the watermark, the background and sheets are disturbing and her leg is kind of cut off. Try to leave as much as possible attributes away from the model and concentrate more on the pose and crop.
    Boudoir Photography is not easy, it has a long learning curve. You might want to google Neil van Niekerk.

Real Name
    Mal

Everything that the others have said plus one thing that my wife picked up on - in the centre section of her torso you can see a crease in her stomach - perhaps a slightly different pose to smooth the lines out along her body. I like the overall lighting of the scene - though - window I assume.

Real Name
    Mario Renato Zamora

Thanks a lot to your comments & critics guys! Learned a lot form it

Real Name
    Brian

Off topic comment:
    No disrespect intended to anyone on here, not even Mario!
    I have no desire to see this type of photography in the people and pets section of CiC. I am not a prude by any means just don't want to this here.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Nice overall image. I probably would have tried to bring a bit of light in from the right. The face is a bit "hot" and the right side of the image is a bit dark. A reflector throwing light back would have helped.

I agree with the others; the background is a bit distracting and the logo is very much in your face. Subtlety in both cases would be a lot better.

The pictures are really awesome. Through boudoir photography, you can express yourself as the way you want.
    los Angeles boudoir

Real Name
    Grahame

Thank you to the moderator for removing what some would consider an inappropriate image on this forum. I am certainly not prudish and appreciate looking at nude photography, BUT, I wish to choose when and where I do it.

I have only joined CIC recently and it does not take long to see the 'types' of images that are posted here. To post that picture in this forum I believe not only suggests an amount of self promotion but also a certain amount of dis-respect to members.

Real Name
    Kristian

When it comes to the "post it or not", I'd say as Grahame in the post above - see what others post, and stick with that. Personally (and keep in mind that I'm an outspoken, quasi-anarchistic European) I think nobody gets hurt if they see nakedness like in this photo, but as there might be kids browsing this forum we should respect the moderators and administrators.

To the OP, if you wish to get feedback on your boudoir photos, there are a lot of forums that specialize in that genre. Shoot me a PM, and I'll give you the link to one of the best of them

Real Name
    Adrian Asher

At the risk of stepping on toes I really don't understand the post/don't post comments regarding this image. To my mind the series of images in the 'Street Car Girl' post are more provocative and in some respects more crass (sorry Kristian) in their portrayal of women than the image in this post, yet there haven't been any similar comments on that thread. Is it just down to clothing (or lack of)? Or are we concerned about the manner in which the subject is portrayed?

Personally I don't have a problem with any of the images but I am surprised that both posts were not treated in a similar fashion.

As long as the post is titled appropriately (which this was) there is no reason for anyone to be surprised or shocked if they choose to view it.

By the way Mario, I like the shot. I'd say it's a shame the pose didn't allow for the foremost leg to be more in shot as the cut off is quite abrupt and high in the thigh. I would have probably made more of the face of the model as she is posed in the shot, either in profile or a fuller view. I'd say as it is there is very little apparent intent, be that challenging, inviting, wistful or just plain bored. Alternatively I'd have looked at poses that would allow for the model to rest her head and present a more peaceful look. While I understand the comment about the crease in the waist of the model I'm happy with that, creases and wrinkles remind us that this is a real person, not a piece of Photoshop artwork.

I do though agree wholeheartedly with the comments regarding the watermark