Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Cafe

Cafe

Paris, France on the Champs-Elysee

Cafe

tirediron, here is wider version, although. the right side is not really good...I think it would have benefited from being a symmetric pic.

Cafe
    Last edited by atvinnys; 6th June 2008 at 10:45 PM.

Re: Cafe

A nice image, but one that would have been better executed in landscape rather than portrait orientation IMO. The trees and bright sky add little to the overall image; a wider capture would have shown more of the repeating pattern of the chair backs (which I assume was the main subject). The people in the background are also somewhat distracting.

I do actually have some other pic of that...but I think that one was the best since the background is blurry.
    I need to move those pic to a server so I can include those in a bigger format.

Vincent

Hey Vincent,

I like the theme in here and your photo is nice (could be better:-)). I would try to choose better angle to balance things on the stage in intereseting perspective. Than I would probably exclude the branch in right top corner. Afterwards I would go for longer exposure in here. I do like depth of field. :-D It is my opinion and i dont judge, I suggest as I would like to everyone treet me in the same way.

Thanks for sharing,

myShot.

thanks both.
    guess, looking back, too much noise around the subject...oh well, just need to travel back to France...

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Vincent,

I do much prefer the second shot, but agree with you in that it would benefit with cropping to achieve a better symmetry.

If I might mention a couple of other things that didn't work for me in the first image; the headless people in the centre and the bracket top right of frame.
    I know how easy it is to miss these things while concentrating on the main subject - I do it all the time myself.

The good thing is the landscape format and the ever so slightly lower viewpoint have addressed both issues in the second shot, well done.

Regards, Dave

I'll agree with rusty; a quick crop and it'll be a nice print.

Real Name
    Ian

Cropping or a slightly different original angle would bring out more of the repeating symmetry of the chairs which could be a stunning shot if the pattern is captured correctly. The comments about the distracting figures and the burnt out sky are in my opinion relevant too. Try photoshopping them or excluding in future similar compositions