Thread: a few shots from this morning comments welcome

Real Name
    glenn

a few shots from this morning comments welcome

hi guys this is the 1st time ive posted a photo on here,i took about 400 shots of my dog jack (best friend) this morning.
    i would welcome advice on how to improve on my shooting,i am quite happy with these few,but it is ok if you guys dont like them.
    i will keep them anyway ,because i love him to bits. soppy i know .
    regards glenn.a few shots from this morning comments welcomea few shots from this morning comments welcome[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2nq0q1.jpg[/IMG

ps jack would not hurt the ducks if he caught them he is scared of his own shadow.
    ps thanks terry for all the help
    glenn[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2nq0q1.jpg[/IMG
    Last edited by stardelta; 11th March 2012 at 12:46 PM.

Real Name
    Terry

Re: a few shots from this morning comments welcome

I'm sorry, Glenn, but unfortunately I can't see your photograph.

Real Name
    glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Canon View Post
    I'm sorry, Glenn, but unfortunately I can't see your photograph.
    terry i am struggling to upload them ,how do iget them into my thread.
    i uploaded 4 photos but dont know where they have gone.
    glenn

Real Name
    Terry

Glenn, here is a thread dealing with what you are asking. I believe this may help.

Choose your file, tap "upload now". When it uploads, copy and paste the image code into your thread.

See if that helps. Good luck! I'm looking forward to meeting Jack!

Real Name
    Terry

Now we're talking, Glenn!

I like Jack already!

On the last two images, it looks to me like you left out the closing bracket in the image codes. They did not post as images. The syntax has to be exact.

Real Name
    glenn

Now we're talking, Glenn!

I like Jack already!

On the last two images, it looks to me like you left out the closing bracket in the image codes. They did not post as images. The syntax has to be exact.
    cheers terry ive just tried to post some more in a new thread but for some reason it only put 2 on again is that the max i can post in a thread maybe ?

Real Name
    Terry

Cheers, Glenn!

No, you should be able to do more than two. I don't know what the limit is, or if there is one, but I've done 4-5 with no problems.

Just make sure you have copied and pasted exactly and in its entirety the image code into your dialogue box and they should post right up. Just like you have done here with two out of your four.

Hang in there, you're almost there!

Real Name
    Dave

Hello Glen,

Nice dog.

On you second photo there is a good diagonal line from the dog to the bird being chased but I'd crop out the left hand half of the photo. The middle third is empty and the bird on the left draws the eye away from the action.

The first one is a good shot of your dog is a classic pose. Just a couple of suggestions. I find the thin line of sky a bit distracting and I think given the angle of the sun it would be better if Jack were facing in the opposite direction. The sun illuminates his shoulder, neck and back of head really well. If he had been the other way around it would have highlighted his face.

Keep the photos coming.

Dave

Real Name
    glenn

Cheers, Glenn!

No, you should be able to do more than two. I don't know what the limit is, or if there is one, but I've done 4-5 with no problems.

Just make sure you have copied and pasted exactly and in its entirety the image code into your dialogue box and they should post right up. Just like you have done here with two out of your four.

Hang in there, you're almost there!

Real Name
    glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Tringa View Post
    Hello Glen,

Nice dog.

On you second photo there is a good diagonal line from the dog to the bird being chased but I'd crop out the left hand half of the photo. The middle third is empty and the bird on the left draws the eye away from the action.

The first one is a good shot of your dog is a classic pose. Just a couple of suggestions. I find the thin line of sky a bit distracting and I think given the angle of the sun it would be better if Jack were facing in the opposite direction. The sun illuminates his shoulder, neck and back of head really well. If he had been the other way around it would have highlighted his face.

Keep the photos coming.

Dave
    thankyou dave will take your advice on board

Real Name
    glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Tringa View Post
    Hello Glen,

Nice dog.

Keep the photos coming.

Dave
    thankyou dave ive cropped the skyline out like you suggested ,hope this is better,and also i know there is a way to make jack the opposite way in a photo,but i am unsure how to do this.a few shots from this morning comments welcome

Real Name
    Keith

Hi Glenn,

I am sure I recognise your dog, we must have passed when out walking, especially if it was around water as I am usually with one of my grandsons who is a mad keen fisherman. I just sit with the camera, the flask of coffee and chill, usually wearing a bright red fleece with blue and yellow shoulder flashes.

Real Name
    glenn

Quote Originally Posted by KCBrecks View Post
    Hi Glenn,

I am sure I recognise your dog, we must have passed when out walking, especially if it was around water as I am usually with one of my grandsons who is a mad keen fisherman. I just sit with the camera, the flask of coffee and chill, usually wearing a bright red fleece with blue and yellow shoulder flashes.
    hi keith cant say i remember seeing anyone fishing. these were taken up at the old pit top.

I would have taken this one from little left side to form a straight line from dog to duck and also with little fase shutter speed to freeze the splash and bird.