Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sunset

Real Name
    Jason

Sunset

Hi,

I have been doing some reading on how to improve the DOF in landscapes, being armed with some new information I went and tried to put it into place. After spending the evening watching the sun go down and taking various shots using what I had learnt it dawned on me that what I was taking photos of was not the ideal for what I was trying to achieve. Anyways here is one of the photos, all C&C welcome of course.

Cheers

J

Sunset

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: Sunset

Hi Jason

I'm not sure what you were concerned about but this image looks fine to me. The only thing it seems to lack sharpness. I'm not sure whether it just needs more sharpening in pp or whether the focus is out a bit or perhaps there's a bit of camera shake. Did you use a tripod ? I notice you've used an aperture of f/11 which should give plenty of depth of focus for this scene.

Dave

Real Name
    Jason

Re: Sunset

Hi Dave,

Thanks, I was aiming for a lanscape shot where there was something if interest in the foreground that was in focus but also maintaining the rest of the scene that was further away in focus but realised that by shooting into the sun that was not going to be possible. I am going to find a scene somewhere at the right time of day and try the theories again. I did use a tripod but I think it was the point of focus I was using, going by the theory I was trying, that has resulted in the lack of sharpness. I hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Jason