Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Horse

Real Name
    Lukas

Horse

Hi there! I was on a walk with my friend (who loves horses), and we found some on the end of our journey, which is kinda great. Anyway I just wanted to get feedback, did this photo with my 50mm 1.4f lens, I love it but I want to get more comfortable shooting 50mm.I'm not sure about cropping, and if that detail on the left side.

Horse
    Horse by lukas.kuzma, on Flickr

Anyway I'm kinda happy with my result it was the first shot and it is more of a snapshot...
    Of course I appreciate all opinions.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Horse

I like it. I like it because it's different and moves us away from what I would call a 'standard' type of shot of a horse in a field.

I think the composition is good (I would not crop it). The conversion to monochrome is good.

I think it is a very good image.
    Last edited by Donald; 10th March 2012 at 07:49 AM.

Real Name
    Lukas

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I like it. I like it because it's different and moves us away from what I would call a 'standard' type of shot of a horse in a field.

I think the composition is good (I would not crop it). The conversion to monochrome is good.

I think it is a very good image.
    Thanks. I appreciate it

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Lukas,

Was it your intention to lose so much detail in the shadow side of the subject by having such a high contrast image?
    There's no point me suggesting raising the grey point in 'Levels' if this was your aim

I agree with the basic composition being good, but my eye does keep flitting across to the very bright, sharp grain detail on the fence rail - perhaps a little blur would help there?

Cheers,

Real Name
    Lukas

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Lukas,

Was it your intention to lose so much detail in the shadow side of the subject by having such a high contrast image?
    There's no point me suggesting raising the grey point in 'Levels' if this was your aim

I agree with the basic composition being good, but my eye does keep flitting across to the very bright, sharp grain detail on the fence rail - perhaps a little blur would help there?

Cheers,
    Thanks Dave,

I adjusted a little bit of contrast to the image but not much.
    About that fence, my eye fall on the horse then on the fence which then guides through the blurred picture to the horse(at least I think that it is the way..), but I will try that too to see the difference.
    Thanks again.