Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: windsor

windsor

Windsor night time, first time shooting at night and i enjoyed with many new technics picked up in just a short time, Any advice with it being good or bad will be apreciated.

windsor

Ok here is one of the castle, And yes i have played with photo editing and putting the moon in, again please tell me if you like or dislike it

windsor

Real Name
    Robert S.

Re: windsor

Hi,

I really like the first one. The warmer street lights are a good contrast to the cold river with the blue sky overhead. You did hit the right time when there is enough ambient light left for the darker areas. Very nice shot.
    In the second one the main object is the castle for me. So in my opinion it should the the sharpest object in this picture.
    One experience that I made during night photography is not to rely on the auto focus. It does not work at all if it is to dark or it can stick to other objects like bright street lamps in the picture. If the main object is well lit like the castle I would go to manual focus and use the live view option at x5 or x10 magnification to get the focus exactly to the right point.

bye
    Robert

The first one is good, as Robert said. But with the second, I think that even if you blur the moon to the same degree as the castle it would still look wrong.

For me, the only way it might have worked would have been with a bit more 'black sky' above the castle and the moon higher up.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Damien,

Well, I know those places quite well

As with others, I like the first shot most, although there's something not quite right on the lower left hand side; lens distortion, perspective?

Is the Round Tower at the castle and moon a composite? It's just that the tower looks softer than I'd expect compared to the moon, but I guess it was 260mm.

I must try some more night shots in town.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Richard

I like the images but, wonder how the river shot of the town would look if shot a bit earlier - like at the magic hour?