Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Blue Sea

Blue Sea

Hello everyone! Its been so long last posted here! I would like to share my recent picture.
    Do give comments and tips for improving!

Blue Sea

Re: Blue Sea

Nyiyaz, A very nice image indeed. I did wonder what it may look like with the blown out sun cropped out. However the image does lose some impact in doing this. I have a few 'sky' shots with blown out highlights and there is little to be done. (unless Colin has some advise). I also notice that there is something going on at sea level in the right of the shot. I cannot make out if something has been cloned out. As it is it looks a little bit like an explosion. The sea is beautifully captured with a pronounced 'liquid' feel to it.

I like the sea, not sure about the horizon, was it raining at that point? the line does not look quite clean enough. There is a slight slope to it.

Lincs1

Hi wirefox. well I was afraid that if I cropped that blown out sun its look a little funny as the picture would not be even. The background and the foreground.

Hahaha, yes I did clone the sea level. there were ships and they were distracting the image. I think I didn't do a good job here! Thanks for your comment, shall work it out soon!
    Last edited by Colin Southern; 14th June 2009 at 09:16 PM.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi nyiyaz,

I can see a wet lens, or window (if I'm right and it was shot through one), which is detracting somewhat as Lincs1.

I'm not sure if Steve's (wirefox) 'explosion' is drops on the window or a cloning/healing brush problem.

Is there a reason for the "Films over" top left? Are you making a poster?
    Given the composition, if it has to stay, try it vertical;
    F O
    I V
    L E
    M R
    S

Just an idea!

One more thing; if you could resize your images to around a 1000 pixels max width before linking here, which should be enough, because larger images (this is about 2000 x 3000), slow down the post rendering for members - thanks.

Cheers,

Hello Lincs ... I guess the 'line' you're referring to is the sea level. I clone that line actually ... I find that the ships were distracting my picture, thus got to clone them!
    Last edited by Colin Southern; 14th June 2009 at 09:15 PM.

Thanks for the idea Dave! Its just a logo or should I say title for my photography. And sorry about the large image posted!

Cheers,
    Last edited by Colin Southern; 14th June 2009 at 09:14 PM.